The Luxonis DepthAI boards combine stereo or RGB cameras with the Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X platform. The result is a small board that can be used either stand-alone or with an additional device such as an NVIDIA Xavier Jetson, Raspberry Pi or many more. Due to the high performance Intel uC with a base clock of 700MHz this small & compact development board can calculate about 4.5 million possibilities in less than a second.
Differences between OAK-D & OAK-D-Pro?
The differences between both models are just the IR lED & Projector which is integrated in the OAK-D-Pro. With this small module ýou will be able to create high quality point clouds with low or no light conditions.
What's the concept behind Luxonis?
The manufacturer wants to create a versatile platform with an extremely small form factor, on the basis of which anyone can execute a first basic script in less than 30 seconds. The development platforms are available in different configurations, such as with WLAN or a Raspberry PI Compute Module. If the first tests are promising, Luxonis also offers only the pure bare PCB's, which can be integrated as an OEM into a third party component.
What is DepthAI?
Every Luxonis development board is based on the DepthAI Firmware which has already the following features implemented:
- Neural Inference (e.g. object detection, image classification, etc., including two-stage)
- Stereo Depth (including median filtering)
- 3D Object Localization (augmenting 2D object detectors with 3D position in meters)
- Object Tracking (including in 3D space)
- H.264 and H.265 Encoding (HEVC, 1080p & 4K Video)
- JPEG Encoding
- MJPEG Encoding
- 2 x OV9282 Stereo Camera @ 1280 x 720Px
- 1 x IMX378 Fixed Focus Camera
- 1 x IR Projector & IR LED (No- / Low Light Conditions)
- Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X Platform
- Intel Base frequency: 700MHz
- Intel Lithography: 16nm
- 1 x Luxonis DepthAI OAK-D-Pro POE