The pmd 3D Sensing family offers the flexibility to add 3D vision to the product. Due to the included software and tools, which are sufficient at the beginning, it is ready to use. Should the integration into the final product take place, one benefits from the scalability of the 3D DevKits and the patner ecosystem of pmd 3D. It offers flexibility and reliability, using high-quality depth data from Infineon's IRS2381C REAL3 ToF Image Sensor.
The flexx2 development kit is delivered with a special software: "Royale". This makes it code compatible with the previous pico flexx. Royale supports the common programming extensions like Matlab, Open CV and ROS 1+2.
Royale provides the following data
- 3D point cloud: X, Y and Z values
- Gray values: in addition to the Z-value, a gray value is provided for each pixel, which represents the signal strength of the active illumination (IR gray value image) Thus, it can be used for standard 2D image processing and is thus perfectly matched to the depth image. You get the 2D image in all lighting conditions, as it is not affected by background light.
- Confidence value: this tells you if the pixel has measured a valid 3D value or if the 3D data is unreliable due to saturation, underexposure or similar.
- better depth detection performance (38,000 3D pixels)
- FOV: 56°x44
- improved VCSEL emitter: from 850 to 940 nm wavelength
- improved sunlight resistance and outdoor performance
- New, robust USB 3.0 Type-C connector
- Multiple new built-in user modes
- precise measurement: 10cm-4m
- up to 60 3D displays/sec.
- compact size: 71.9 x 19.2 x 10.6mm
- Please take a look at the datasheet.
Scope of delivery
- pmd 3D flexx2 Development Kit